Skip to main content
Torres, 34, has started only three La Liga matches this season and made 17 appearances from the bench, scoring two goals.
"I want to take advantage of this opportunity to say this will be my last season at the club," Torres said at a promotional event on Monday.
"It has not been an easy decision. Looking at the reality, the circumstances, perhaps it's for the best. I accept that I'm not having much of a role, so perhaps this is the moment to step aside for others."
The Spanish striker is in his second spell at the club he left in 2007 to sign for Liverpool. He also had stints at Chelsea and AC Milan before returning to Spain in 2015.
"It's difficult to say goodbye for a second time because I wanted to retire here, but things don't always go as you want," added Torres.
"I feel physically and mentally able to keep playing. I am in good shape and I will look elsewhere for games."
via super sport

Comments

Ad

Popular posts from this blog

When is the Europa League draw? UK start time, how to follow online, TV channel, every club in the semi-finals

They won’t take anything for granted but  Arsenal  can be fairly optimistic that they will be in the hat for the Europa League semi-finals draw on Friday. A 4-1 home win against CSKA Moscow in the quarter-final first leg means it would take a remarkable performance by the Russian giants on their home ground to stop Arsene Wenger’s side reaching a first European semi-final since 2009. The Arsenal boss described the Europa League as tougher this season than it has ever been before and the semi-final draw could pit the Gunners against one of their most fearsome opponents yet, with Atletico Madrid, RB Lepzig and Lazio currently on course to join them. In Pictures | Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 05/04/2018 31 show all When is the draw? The draw will take place on Friday, April 13 in Nyon and is scheduled to begin at 11am UK time. The ‘home’ team for the final in Lyon will also be confirmed at that time. How to follow the draw The draw will be streamed ...

Hope Solo: Former USA goalkeeper delays Hall of Fame induction to address 'challenges with alcohol'

Hope Solo earned 200 caps for the USWNT and won two Olympics golds and a World Cup; 40-year-old was charged with impaired driving, resisting arrest and misdemeanour child abuse after being found passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle carrying her children earlier this month